Including the MDRT Foundation in your will enables you to create a lasting legacy that will help people in need throughout the world for many years to come.
GIFT OF LIFE INSURANCE PROGRAM
- Bequests are fully deductible for estate tax purposes
- Update an existing will by adding language or a codicil
The Gift of Life Insurance Program provides a meaningful opportunity for you to have a significant philanthropic impact using the product that you sell and service: life insurance. Your gift will ensure the grant-making future of the Foundation while establishing your own legacy of charitable giving.
GLOBAL GIFT FUND
- Use the carrier of your choice to gift an existing policy or a new policy with a face value of USD 50,000 or more
- Identify additional charitable beneficiaries when you donate a policy in excess of USD 50,000
- Receive charitable deductions for your gift based on the cash value of the policy and premiums*
Global Gift Fund is a donor-advised service of the Renaissance Charitable Foundation and endorsed by the MDRT Foundation. Global Gift Fund is a charitable planning tool that allows donors to support charitable causes with a minimum initial contribution of USD 5,000. Your fund is designed by you for the purpose of supporting charitable causes that align with your family’s personal philanthropic goals.
STOCKS AND SECURITIES
- Combine your charitable giving in a single, well-managed account
- Give your fund your family name or choose another symbolic title
- Receive an immediate tax deduction at the time of contributions to your fund
- For more information, visit www.globalgiftfund.org.
Stocks and securities are a convenient way to support the life-changing work of the MDRT Foundation.
CHARITABLE REMAINDER TRUSTS
- Obtain tax deductions for the fair market value of the stock on the day it is received by the MDRT Foundation
- Minimize capital gains liability by contributing appreciated securities
- Deduct up to 30 percent of your adjusted gross income in the year of your gift
Naming the MDRT Foundation as a beneficiary of a charitable remainder trust can provide you with substantial financial and tax benefits while supporting the grant programs of the MDRT Foundation.
*To the extent allowed by law.
- Choose from a variety of unitrusts
- Take advantage of lifetime income, tax reductions, avoidance of capital gains and reduction of estate tax*