Frequently Asked Questions2017 MDRT Top of the Table Annual Meeting Charity Partner - Inner-City Arts, Los Angeles, CA, USA
The MDRT Foundation’s grant deadline is September 1st.
Yes, you must have an MDRT member sponsor your charity in order to apply for a grant. The global grant programs is an exclusive MDRT member benefit Applications without member affiliation will not be accepted.
With a September 1 grant application deadline, notification to awardees will be January 15-31; distribution of funds will be February - May.
Grant awards range from USD 1,000 to USD 50,000.
Award size is typically based on the scope of the program's impact.
• Programs that impact one community or region typically received between USD 1,000 -USD 5,000.
• Programs that expand throughout a nation or multiple countries typically receive USD 10,000 - USD 25,000.
• Annually, up to three top grants of USD 50,000 will be awarded in honor of a member’s significant volunteer impact with the charity.
No, the MDRT Foundation is unable to provide contact information of any of our members.
There are over 90,000 MDRT members based all over the world, therefore, there are few ways you may be able to locate an MDRT member:
- Check with your charity’s current board members to see if one of them may be an MDRT member or know someone who is an MDRT member
- Check with the insurance and/or financial companies that your charity works with. Ask if anyone who works there is an MDRT member.
- Check with other charities to see if they know of an MDRT member.
The MDRT Foundation does not award the same member or charity with consecutive year grants. Both the member sponsor and a charity must wait a year after receiving a grant before applying again to the MDRT Foundation. Currently, there are no lifetime award caps for either members or charities.
MDRT is an association of the world’s leading life insurance and financial services professionals. There are production-based eligibility requirements for membership in MDRT. For more information, visit www.mdrt.org.
Knight levels are based on a donor’s lifetime giving to the MDRT Foundation. Giving totals include gifts, matching gifts, speaker fees and expenses donated back to the MDRT Foundation.